Basic Eating Guidelines
What and how to eat is a never-ending science which should be tailored to the individual. In saying that, however, there are some simple guidelines which, if followed, will benefit everyone:
1. Eat wholefoods.
2. Eat fresh.
3. Eat a variety of food types and colors
4. Eliminate processed sugars and artificial sweeteners, and reduce intake of caffeine, alcohol, trans-fats, milk products, red meats, soy, peanuts, gluten, processed corn, and simple carbohydrates.
5. Eat for nutrition 80% of the time but give yourself 20% leeway for enjoyment.
5. Eat produce which is in season.
6. Eat some fermented foods.
7. Eat when you are hungry.
8. Do not use fad diets or severe calorie restriction.